The February 5 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 19 members and 6 guests: Karen Mileski (3rd visit), Monica Jerez (3rd visit), Shiva Batchu (3rd visit), Laure Thibodeau (2nd visit), Tom Vinito (2nd visit), Leslie Meserve (1st visit).
Our location is at the East Bluffs Homeowners Community at 2414 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach. Please remember to park on Vista del Oro or in the park’s parking lot and not in the Homeowners Community lot.
Feel free to our club’s website at newportcentertoastmasters.org
Also see https://www.facebook.com/NewportCenterToastmasters and we are on Meetup.com
The theme was: “Dancing with Life”. The word of the day was: “I can’t remember!”.
The winners were:
- Best Table Topics = Tom Smagala
- Colette Gardner Spark Plug Award = Steve Babyak
- Risk Taker = Steve Babyak
- Best Evaluator = John Hawekotte
- Most Improved Speaker = Sara Bacon
- Second Best Speaker = Steve Babyak
- Best Speaker = Sara Bacon
- President: Steve Babyak
Toastmaster: Dr. Bob Wood
Table Topics Master: Breanne Eshelman
General Evaluator: Tom Smagala
- Jorge Gomez – Beginning Manual, Competent Communicator – Speech 4 – “How and Why We Lie to Ourselves”
- Sara Bacon – Beginning Manual, Competent Communicator – Speech 10 – “The Still, Small Voice”
- Christi Mottola – Advanced Manual, Speaking to Inform – Speech 1 – “Bitcoin – Internet Currency and More”
- Steve Babyak – Advanced Manual, Storytelling – Speech 2 – “No Title”
- Evaluators: Irina Shetty, alex Vorobieff, Sandy Printer, John Hawekotte
– Please always bring and use your manuals, both Competent Communicator and Competent Leadership.
– It is important to keep our introductions, invocation, toast, educational minute and joke, short.
– Please note that we are not to park in the street or lot because it is reserved for the residents.
– We will not be meeting on President’s Day, Monday February 19.
– Note that the To: line of this email always has the most up to date email list of members. The BCC line contains each week’s guests.
Breanne Eshelman, Secretary.