The April 2 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 25 members and 5 guests: Karen Mileski (6th visit), Laure Thibodeau (6th visit), Danielle Johnson (2nd visit), Justin Rodenburg (2nd visit), Alan Kahle (1st visit), Ron Anderson (inactive member).
Our location is at the East Bluffs Homeowners Community at 2414 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach. Please remember to park on Vista del Oro or in the park’s parking lot and not in the Homeowners Community lot.
Feel free to our club’s website at newportcentertoastmasters.org
Also see https://www.facebook.com/NewportCenterToastmasters and we are on Meetup.com
The theme was: “Popular Belief”. The word of the day was: “ebullient”.
The winners were:
- Best Table Topics =Lauren Tung
- Colette Gardner Spark Plug Award = Steve Babyak
- Risk Taker = Leslie Meserve
- Best Evaluator = Monica Jerez
- Most Improved Speaker = Alex Obradovic
- Second Best Speaker = Leslie Meserve
- Best Speaker = Alex Obradovic
President: Steve Babyak
Toastmaster: Carl Tung
Table Topics Master: Christi Mottola
General Evaluator: Katherine Hanson
- Leslie Meserve – Pathways – Speech #1 – Ice Breaker
- Alex Obradovic – Competent Communicator – #5 – “Exponential Technology”
- John Hawekotte – Advanced Manual, Entertaining Speaker – Project #5 – “What’s in a Name?”
Evaluators: Monica Jerez, Justin Li, Miguel Fierro
– Please always bring and use your manuals, both Competent Communicator and Competent Leadership.
– It is important to keep our introductions, invocation, toast, educational minute and joke, short.
– Please note that we are not to park in the street or lot because it is reserved for the residents.
– Karen Mileski and Laure Thibodeau were inducted as new members.
– This Thursday, April 5 is our Club Social Party. See details in email from Cyn Hannah