The April 23 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 22 members and 2 guests: Garry Lavender (7th visit), Danielle Johnson (4th visit).
Our location is at the East Bluffs Homeowners Community at 2414 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach. Please remember to park on Vista del Oro or in the park’s parking lot and not in the Homeowners Community lot.
Feel free to our club’s website at newportcentertoastmasters.org
Also see https://www.facebook.com/NewportCenterToastmasters and we are on Meetup.com
The theme was: “anecdote”. The word of the day was: “sequacious”.
The winners were:
- Best Table Topics = Sam Quinta
- Colette Gardner Spark Plug Award = Daniel Oh
- Risk Taker = Daniel Oh
- Best Evaluator = Alex Obradovich
- Most Improved Speaker = Justin Li
- Second Best Speaker = Adam Mirkovich
- Best Speaker = Justin Li
President: Steve Babyak
Toastmaster: Miguel Fierro
Table Topics Master: Dr. Bob Wood
General Evaluator: Louis Raymond
- Justin Li – Pathways, Innovative Planning – Level 1, Speech #2 – “Monkeys Are Evil”
- Adam Mirkovich – Competent Communicator – Project #5 – “Take A Hike With Me”
- Eric Graham – Competent Communicator – Project #9 – “World Balance”
- Daniel Oh – Pathways – Level 1, Speech #1 – – “Dirty Little Secrets”
Evaluators: Dustin Rich, Christy Motolla, Shiva Batchu, Alex Obradovic
– Please always bring and use your manuals, both Competent Communicator and Competent Leadership.
– It is important to keep our introductions, invocation, toast, educational minute and joke, short.
– Please note that we are not to park in the street or lot because it is reserved for the residents.
– We went over the schedule for next week
– Note that the To: line of this email always has the most up to date email list of members. The CC line contains each week’s guests.