The April 30 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 19 members and 3 guests: Garry Lavender (8th visit), Danielle Johnson (5th visit), and Dustin Mennenga (1st visit).
Our location is at the East Bluffs Homeowners Community at 2414 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach. Please remember to park on Vista del Oro or in the park’s parking lot and not in the Homeowners Community lot.
Feel free to our club’s website at newportcentertoastmasters.org
Also see https://www.facebook.com/NewportCenterToastmasters and we are on Meetup.com
The theme was: “Overcoming the Monster”. The word of the day was: “mollycoddle”.
The winners were:
- Best Table Topics = John Hawkotte
- Colette Gardner Spark Plug Award = Steve Babyak
- Risk Taker = Dr. Bob Wood
- Best Evaluator = Eric Graham
- Most Improved Speaker = Louis Raymond
- Second Best Speaker = Louis Raymond
- Best Speaker = Steven Wolfe
President: Steve Babyak
Toastmaster: Dustin Rich
Table Topics Master: Leslie Meserve
General Evaluator: Shiva Batchu
- Louis Raymond – Pathways – Level 1, Speech #2, Evaluation and Feedback #1 Speech – “Delayed Light Bulb Moments”
- Irina Shetty – Competent Communicator – Project #5 – “Treat Others the Way You Want to be Treated”
- Steven Wolfe – Competent Communicator – Project #10 – “What I Have Learned from Toastmasters”
- Dr. Bob Wood – Advanced Manual, The Entertaining Speaker, Speech #5, Bring a Play to Life – “Life During War Time”
Evaluators: Breanne Eshelman, Christi Motolla, Eric Graham, Joe Gomez
– Please always bring and use your manuals, both Competent Communicator and Competent Leadership.
– It is important to keep our introductions, invocation, toast, educational minute and joke, short.
– Please note that we are not to park in the street or lot because it is reserved for the residents.
– We went over the schedule for next week
– Dr. Bob is going inactive for the summer months
– Note that the To: line of this email always has the most up to date email list of members. The CC line contains each week’s guests.
Breanne Eshelman, Secretary.