The August 24th, 2020 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 12 members and 5 guests:
Our meetings are now held online via zoom conferencing tool to download please visit zoom.
Theme: “Favorite Places” Word of the Day: “Picturesque”
- Meeting Roles
– Toastmaster: Steve Babyak
– Table Topics Master: Cipri Vang
– General Evaluator: Cyn Hannah
- Ryan Cwick Acceptance Speech
- Shiva Batchu Why all This Time, Why?
- Katharine Hanson
- Krista Mesenbrink
- The Winners
Best Table Topics Colette Gardner Spark Plug Award
Lory Nemnich Steve Babyak
Most Improved Speaker Best Evaluator
Shiva Batchu Katharine Hanson
Risk Taker Second Best Speaker
Katharine Hanson –
- New Business:
– Guest Feedback: Guests share their feedback from the meeting.
– Discuss 4-Speaker Meeting Format: Steve proposes potentially moving to a 3-Speaker meeting format while meeting attendance is low. Club
agrees to keep the 4-Speaker meeting format and adjust to a 3-Speaker format as needed.
– Meeting Roles: Read and confirm meeting roles for next meeting.
– Club Dues: Shiva reminds the club that Club dues are due to Toastmasters International by October 1st, and to work with club treasurer, Lory
Nemnich, to make sure dues are paid prior to the deadline.
- Old Business:
– Club Specific: If a member misses more than 3 meetings in a row that is not related to travel, illness, or business that member will be moved to
the inactive list. Inactive and/or former members will be given priority over guests when there is a waitlist to join.
– If a member is unable to attend a meeting it is the member’s responsibility to find a replacement. Remember to fill your role if you are unable to attend!
– Guests must attend 3 meetings in order to be eligible to join Club 231-F. Note: Does NOT have to be consecutive meetings