The August 31st, 2020 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 14 members.
Our meetings are now held online via zoom conferencing tool to download please visit zoom.
Visit easy-speak and confirm your role for the next meeting!
Theme: “Labor Day” Word of the Day: “Delight”
– Toastmaster: Krista Messenbrink
– Table Topics Master: Steve Babyak
– General Evaluator: Lory Nemnich
- Cipri Vang Showing Up When It Feels Impossible
- Brenda Ryan Go Inside
- Christi Mottola It’s Time to Get Social
- Laurie Anderson
- Shiva Batchu
- Gary Lavender
Best Table Topics Colette Gardner Spark Plug Award
Michelle Hudson Brenda Ryan
Most Improved Speaker Best Evaluator
Brenda Ryan Laurie Anderson
Risk Taker Best Speaker
Cipri Vang Christi Mottola
– New Member: Induct new member April Braswell to the club, Welcome April!
– Club Dues: Shiva reminds the club that Club dues are due to Toastmasters International by October 1st, and to work with club treasurer, Lory Nemnich, to make sure dues are paid prior to the deadline.
– Membership: Cyn discusses membership, notes that we have 22 members with new members, April Braswell and Robert Dreyfus, pending upcoming membership renewal.
– Second Best Speaker: Cyn reminds the club to include the Second Best Speaker award in future meetings.
– VPPR Committee: VPPR, Christi Mottola, discusses ideas to boost membership and form a committee to:
- Update club website.
- Create a Youtube channel.
- Obtain camera equipment from former member Tom Smagala.
- Record meetings and provide video playback for speeches as the club has done in the past.
- Maintain club Facebook Page.
- Update club Meetup Page.
- Interview club members by Zoom to share cross-platform on the club website, Linkedin, and Facebook.
- Live-Stream meetings.
- Ideas and implementation to be discussed further outside the club meeting amongst committee members and brought to the club for consideration as needed.
– Meeting Roles: Read and confirm meeting roles for next meeting.
- Old Business:
– Club Specific: If a member misses more than 3 meetings in a row that is not related to travel, illness, or business
that member will be moved to the inactive list. Inactive and/or former members will be given priority over guests when there is a waitlist to join.
- If a member is unable to attend a meeting it is the member’s responsibility to find a replacement. Remember to fill your role if you are unable to attend!
- Guests must attend 3 meetings in order to be eligible to join Club 231-F. Note: Does NOT have to be consecutive meetings.