The December 18 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 21 members and 4 guests: Sam Quinta, Gary Barnhill, Joe Gomez, and Ryan Tung.
Our location is at the East Bluffs Homeowners Community at 2414 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach
Feel free to our club’s website at newportcentertoastmasters.org
Also see https://www.facebook.com/NewportCenterToastmasters and we are on Meetup.com
The theme was: “Christmas Disasters”. The word of the day was: “paraphernalia”.
The winners were:
- Best Table Topics = Tom Smagala
- Spark Plug = Will Hanson
- Risk Taker = Will Hanson
- Best Evaluator = Breanne Eshelman
- Most Improved Speaker = Will Hanson
- Second Best Speaker = Steve Babyak
- Best Speaker = Will Hanson
- President: Christi Mottola
Toastmaster: Jorge Gomez
Table Topics Master: Dustin Rich
General Evaluator: Sara Bacon
- Daniel Oh – Advanced Manual – Storytelling – Number 5 – “Defender and Takes a Shot. GOAL!”
- Will Hanson – Advanced Manual – Storytelling – Number 4 – “Susie and the Birthday Gift”
- Steve Babyak – Advanced Manual – Storytelling – Number 2 – “Maybe: Newport Beach”
- Evaluators: Michelle Hudson, Breanne Eshelman, Brendan Tung
– Please always bring and use your manuals, both Competent Communicator and Competent Leadership.
– It is important to keep our introductions, invocation, toast, educational minute and joke, short.
– Please note that we are not to park in the street or lot because it is reserved for the residents.
– Our Installation of Officers and Awards Dinner is January 7, 2018 from 4:30pm-7:30pm at Newport Beach Yacht Club, 1099 Bayside Drive. Cost is $20 for members and people who have attended a TM meeting as a guest recently. Guests and Significant Others of members are $30.
– A discussion occurred concerning what to do with the money raised for Colette. Cyn made a motion that passed and it was decided that the monies would go to Colette’s estate.
– There are no meetings for the next two weeks due to the Christmas and New Year’s holidays. Next meeting is January 8, 2018.