The February 12 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 23 members and 6 guests: Karen Mileski (4th visit), Monica Jerez (4th visit), Shiva Batchu (4th visit), Leslie Meserve (2nd visit), Chris Skerik (2nd visit), and Garry Lavender (1st visit).
Our location is at the East Bluffs Homeowners Community at 2414 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach. Please remember to park on Vista del Oro or in the park’s parking lot and not in the Homeowners Community lot.
Feel free to our club’s website at newportcentertoastmasters.org
Also see https://www.facebook.com/NewportCenterToastmasters and we are on Meetup.com
The theme was: “Can You Feel The Love Tonight”. The word of the day was: “insolent”.
The winners were:
- Best Table Topics = Alex Vorobieff
- Colette Gardner Spark Plug Award = no one person received 4 votes
- Risk Taker = Sam Quinta
- Best Evaluator = Dustin Rich
- Most Improved Speaker = Michelle Hudson
- Second Best Speaker = Joe Gomez
- Best Speaker = Michelle Hudson
- President: Steve Babyak
Toastmaster: Christi Mottola
Table Topics Master: Katherine Hanson
General Evaluator: Daniel Oh
- Sam Quinta – Pathways, Level 1 – Ice Breaker
- Joe Gomez – Pathways, Level 1 – Ice Breaker
- Michelle Hudson – Beginning Manual, Competent Communicator – Speech 3 – “Packing Is Easy”
- John Hawekotte – Advanced Manual, Entertaining Speaker – Speech 3 – “You Never Can Tell”
- Evaluators: Brandon Tung, Dustin Rich, Steve Babyak, Breanne Eshelman
– Please always bring and use your manuals, both Competent Communicator and Competent Leadership.
– It is important to keep our introductions, invocation, toast, educational minute and joke, short.
– Please note that we are not to park in the street or lot because it is reserved for the residents.
– We will not be meeting on President’s Day, Monday February 19.
– Monica Jerez was voted in as a New Member. Cindy Chin has gone inactive.
– Note that the To: line of this email always has the most up to date email list of members. The BCC line contains each week’s guests.
Breanne Eshelman, Secretary.