The February 26 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 23 members and 5 guests: Shiva Batchu (5th visit), Leslie Meserve (3rd visit), Chris Skerik (3rd visit), Laure Thibodeau (3rd visit) and Garry Lavender (2nd visit).
Our location is at the East Bluffs Homeowners Community at 2414 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach. Please remember to park on Vista del Oro or in the park’s parking lot and not in the Homeowners Community lot.
The theme was: “Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff”. The word of the day was: “diminutive”.
The winners were:
- Best Table Topics = Chris Sherik
- Colette Gardner Spark Plug Award = Dustin Rich
- Risk Taker = Jack Nestell
- Best Evaluator = Tom Smagala
- Most Improved Speaker = Daniel Oh
- Second Best Speaker = n/a
- Best Speaker = Dustin Rich
President: Steve Babyak
Toastmaster: Sara Bacon
Table Topics Master: Lauren Tung
General Evaluator: Eric Graham
- Jack Nestell – Pathways, Level 1 – Ice Breaker
- Daniel Oh – Pathways, Level 1 – Ice Breaker
- Dustin Rich – Advanced Manual, Entertaining Speaker – Speech 1 – “Bezos Must Be Stopped”
- Will Hanson – “My Journey and Toastmasters”
- Evaluators: Miguel Fierro, Tom Smagala, Christi Mottola, Dr. Bob Wood
– Please always bring and use your manuals, both Competent Communicator and Competent Leadership.
– It is important to keep our introductions, invocation, toast, educational minute and joke, short.
– Please note that we are not to park in the street or lot because it is reserved for the residents.
– Today was Sara Bacon’s last day as a member of Club 231
– The current plan is to induct Shiva at next week’s meeting.
– Note that the To: line of this email always has the most up to date email list of members. The BCC line contains each week’s guests.
Breanne Eshelman, Secretary.