The January 8 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 21 members and 5 guests: Sam Quinta (2nd visit), Joe Gomez (2nd visit), Jack Nestell (1st visit), Chris Plappert (1st visit), and Louis Raymond (1st visit).
Our location is at the East Bluffs Homeowners Community at 2414 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach
Feel free to our club’s website at newportcentertoastmasters.org
Also see https://www.facebook.com/NewportCenterToastmasters and we are on Meetup.com
The theme was: “New Year’s Resolutions”. The word of the day was: “attenuate”.
The winners were:
- Best Table Topics = Brendan Tung
- Spark Plug = Dustin Rich
- Risk Taker = Eric Graham
- Best Evaluator = Alex Vorobieff
- Most Improved Speaker = Breanne Eshelman
- Second Best Speaker = Breanne Eshelman
- Best Speaker = Dustin Rich
- President: Steve Babyak
- Toastmaster: Chris Barbera
- Table Topics Master: Adam Mirkovich
- General Evaluator: Jorge Gomez
- Eric Graham – Beginning Manual – Number 7 – “AI”
- Breanne Eshelman- Beginning Manual – Number 8 – “Dronography”
- Dustin Rich – Advanced Manual – The Entertaining Speaker – Number 5 – “Am I in a Cult?”
- Evaluators: Alex Vorobieff, Daniel Oh, Sara Bacon
– Please always bring and use your manuals, both Competent Communicator and Competent Leadership.
– It is important to keep our introductions, invocation, toast, educational minute and joke, short.
– Please note that we are not to park in the street or lot because it is reserved for the residents.
– We will meet next week, MLK Day
– Email Daniel Oh this week what dates you know you definitely will be out of town in the coming months so that he can better schedule roles.
Breanne Eshelman, Secretary.