The March 19 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 21 members and 3 guests: Tom Vinito (3rd visit), Justin Rodenburg (1st visit), and Maggie Cheng (1st visit).
Our location is at the East Bluffs Homeowners Community at 2414 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach. Please remember to park on Vista del Oro or in the park’s parking lot and not in the Homeowners Community lot.
Feel free to our club’s website at newportcentertoastmasters.org
Also see https://www.facebook.com/NewportCenterToastmasters and we are on Meetup.com
The theme was: “Rites of Passage”. The word of the day was: “mellifluous”.
The Winners were:
- Best Table Topics = Steve Babyak
- Colette Gardner Spark Plug Award = Eric Graham
- Risk Taker = Shiva Batchu
- Best Evaluator = Irina Shetty
- Most Improved Speaker = Eric Graham
- Second Best Speaker = n/a
- Best Speaker = Cyn Hannah
President: Steve Babyak
Toastmaster: Lauren Tung
Table Topics Master: Tom Smagala
General Evaluator: Breanne Eshelman
- Shiva Batchu – Pathways – Speech #1 – Ice Breaker
- Eric Graham – Beginning Manual – “The Silent Killer”
- Cyn Hannah – Advanced Manual – Speaking to Inform – Speech #2 – “Don’t Listen to Those Voices”
Evaluators: Steven Wolfe, Daniel Oh, Irina Shetty
- Please always bring and use your manuals, both Competent Communicator and Competent Leadership.
- It is important to keep our introductions, invocation, toast, educational minute and joke, short.
- Please note that we are not to park in the street or lot because it is reserved for the residents.
- Reminder to bring $60 for dues next week
– Note that the To: line of this email always has the most up to date email list of members. The CC line contains each week’s guests.
Breanne Eshelman, Secretary.