The March 5 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 21 members and 4 guests: Shiva Batchu (6th visit), Leslie Meserve (4th visit), Laure Thibodeau (4th visit) and Garry Lavender (3rd visit).
Our location is at the East Bluffs Homeowners Community at 2414 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach. Please remember to park on Vista del Oro or in the park’s parking lot and not in the Homeowners Community lot.
Feel free to our club’s website at newportcentertoastmasters.org
Also see https://www.facebook.com/NewportCenterToastmasters and we are on Meetup.com
The theme was: “Favorite Cartoon Character”. The word of the day was: “blithe”.
The winners were:
- Best Table Topics = Dr. Bob Wood
- Colette Gardner Spark Plug Award = n/a
- Risk Taker = n/a
- Best Evaluator = Joe Gomez
- Most Improved Speaker = Alex Obradovic
- Second Best Speaker = Alex Obradovic
- Best Speaker = Louis Raymond
President: Steve Babyak
Toastmaster: Cyn Hannah
Table Topics Master: Steven Wolfe
General Evaluator: Adam Mirkovich
- Justin Li – Pathways, Level 1 – Ice Breaker – Lessons I’ve Learned in My Career
- Louis Raymond – Pathways, Level 1 – Ice Breaker – 7 Weeks and Counting Down
- Alex Obradovich – Beginning Manual – Speech #4 – Artificial Intelligence
- Katherine Hanson – Advanced Manual, Technical Presentations – Speech 4, Enhancing a Talk with the Internet – “Tire Chair”
Evaluators: Joe Gomez, Eric Graham, Lauren Tung, Dustin Rich
– Please always bring and use your manuals, both Competent Communicator and Competent Leadership.
– It is important to keep our introductions, invocation, toast, educational minute and joke, short.
– Please note that we are not to park in the street or lot because it is reserved for the residents.
– Dues were discussed
– Shiva was inducted into the club
– Note that the To: line of this email always has the most up to date email list of members. The BCC line contains each week’s guests.
Breanne Eshelman, Secretary.