The May 14 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 18 members and 2 guests: Dustin Mennenga (3rd visit) and Laurie Anderson (1st visit).
Our location is at the East Bluffs Homeowners Community at 2414 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach. Please remember to park on Vista del Oro or in the park’s parking lot and not in the Homeowners Community lot.
Feel free to our club’s website at newportcentertoastmasters.org
Also see https://www.facebook.com/NewportCenterToastmasters and we are on Meetup.com
The theme was: “Mother’s Day.” The word of the day was “nurture.”
The winners were:
- Best Table Topics = Louis Raymond
- Colette Gardner Spark Plug Award = Dustin Mennenga
- Risk Taker = Will Hanson
- Best Evaluator = Monica Jerez
- Most Improved Speaker = Shiva Batchu
- Second Best Speaker = Will Hanson
- Best Speaker = Adam Mirkovich
President: Steve Babyak
Toastmaster: Breanne Eshelman
Table Topics Master: Michelle Hudson
General Evaluator: Steven Wolfe
- Shiva Batchu – Pathways – Level 1, Speech #3, Evaluation and Feedback #2 Speech – “Mindset”
- Adam Mirkovich – Competent Communicator – Speech #5 – “Cooperating with Sales”
- Tom Smagala – Entertaining Speaker – Speech Make them Laugh – “Family and Friends”
- Will Hanson – “My Journey Continued”
Evaluators: Irina Shetty, Eric Graham, Monica Jerez, Cyn Hannah
– It is important to keep our introductions, invocation, toast, educational minute and joke, short.
– Please note that we are not to park in the street or lot because it is reserved for the residents.
– We went over the schedule for next week
– Dustin Mennenga was inducted into the club. His mentor is John
– We need someone to fill the Vice President of Education role through the remainder of 2018
– Sunday June 24 is our Installation Dinner
– Note that the To: line of this email always has the most up to date email list of members. The CC line contains each week’s guests.