The May 21 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 18 members and 2 guests: Laurie Anderson (2nd visit) and Francisco Douglas (1st visit).
Our location is at the East Bluffs Homeowners Community at 2414 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach. Please remember to park on Vista del Oro or in the park’s parking lot and not in the Homeowners Community lot.
Feel free to our club’s website at newportcentertoastmasters.org
Also see https://www.facebook.com/NewportCenterToastmasters and we are on Meetup.com
The theme was: “Health.” The word of the day was “satiate.”
The winners were:
- Best Table Topics = Katherine Hanson
- Colette Gardner Spark Plug Award = Michelle Hudson
- Risk Taker = Garry Lavender
- Best Evaluator = Steven Wolfe
- Most Improved Speaker = Michelle Hudson
- Second Best Speaker = Michelle Hudson
- Best Speaker = Leslie Meserve
President: Steve Babyak
Toastmaster: Christi Mottola
Table Topics Master: Shiva Batchu
General Evaluator: Cyn Hannah
- Laure Thibodeau – Pathways – Level 1, Speech #1, Ice Breaker – “A Little Bit About Me”
- Garry Lavender – Pathways – Level 1, Speech #1, Ice Breaker – “The Smartest Guy in the Room”
- Leslie Meserve – Pathways – Level 1, Speech #2, Feedback and Evaluation #1 – “Broccoli with Friends”
- Michelle Hudson – Competent Communicator – Speech #4 – “Life Lessons from the Dog”
Evaluators: Steve Babyak, Tom Smagala, John Hawkotte, Steven Wolfe
– It is important to keep our introductions, invocation, toast, educational minuteand joke, short.
– Please note that we are not to park in the street or lot because it is reserved for the residents.
– We have leadership roles that need to be filled
– Sunday June 24 is our Installation Dinner
– Note that the To: line of this email always has the most up to date email list of members. The CC line contains each week’s guests.
Breanne Eshelman, Secretary.