The May 7 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 18 members and 3 guests: Garry Lavender (9th visit), Danielle Johnson (6th visit), and Dustin Mennenga (2nd visit).
Our location is at the East Bluffs Homeowners Community at 2414 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach. Please remember to park on Vista del Oro or in the park’s parking lot and not in the Homeowners Community lot.
Feel free to our club’s website at newportcentertoastmasters.org
Also see https://www.facebook.com/NewportCenterToastmasters and we are on Meetup.com
The theme was: “Cinco de Mayo.” The word of the day was “promulgate.”
The winners were:
- Best Table Topics = Will Hanson
- Colette Gardner Spark Plug Award = Steve Babyak
- Risk Taker = Shiva Batchu
- Best Evaluator = Steve Babyak
- Most Improved Speaker = Shiva Batchu
- Second Best Speaker = Shiva Batchu
- Best Speaker = Christi Mottola
President: Steve Babyak
Toastmaster: Adam Mirkovich
Table Topics Master: Miguel Fierro
General Evaluator: Irina Shetty
- Shiva Batchu – Pathways – Level 1, Speech #2, Evaluation and Feedback #1 Speech
- Joe Gomez – Pathways – Level 1, Speech #2, Evaluation and Feedback #1 Speech
- Breanne Eshelman – Pathways – Level 1, Speech #1, Ice Breaker – “Breanne 101”
- Christi Mottola – “Tips from the Pros Part II”
Evaluators: Steven Wolfe, John Hawkotte, Steve Babyak, Lauren Tung
– It is important to keep our introductions, invocation, toast, educational minute and joke, short.
– Please note that we are not to park in the street or lot because it is reserved for the residents.
– We went over the schedule for next week
– Garry and Danielle were inducted into the club. Their mentors are Will and Miguel, respectively
– Note that the To: line of this email always has the most up to date email list of members. The CC line contains each week’s guests.
Breanne Eshelman, Secretary.