The March 20 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 22 members and two guests: Jorge Gomez ( 2nd visit), Peter Steeler.
Our location is at the East Bluffs Homeowners Community at 2414 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach.
Feel free to visit our club’s website at newportcentertoastmasters.o
Also see https://www.facebook.com/N
ewportCenterToastmasters and we are on Meetup.com
The theme was: “Partnership”. The word of the day was: “Collaboration”.
The winners were:
Best Table Topics = Cindy
Spark Plug = Joe
Risk Taker = Joe
Best Evaluator = Dustin
Most Improved Speaker = Roddy
Second Best Speaker = Joe
Best Speaker = Dr. Bob
Table Topics Master: Katharine
General Evaluator: Ron
Breanna – Number 1 – “The Road Less Travelled”
Roddy – Number 9 – “Persuade with Power! The Goldfish Coup”
Joe – “The Phantom”
Dr Bob – Number 10 – “Inspire Your Audience ! Jury Duty”
Evaluators: Daniel, John, Dustin, Lauren.
– Please always bring and use your manuals, both Competent Communicator and Competent Leadership.
– It is important to keep our introductions, invocation, toast, educational minute and joke, short.
– Please note that we are not to park in the street because it is reserved for the residents.
– Division Speech Contest, April 1st.
– Discuss club dues
– Read roles for next week
– Reminder for club officers’ meeting after the meeting.