The April 17 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 22 members and one guest: Jorge Gomez (4th visit).
Our location is at the East Bluffs Homeowners Community at 2414 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach.
Feel free to visit our club’s website at newportcentertoastmasters.org
Also see https://www.facebook.com/NewportCenterToastmasters and we are on Meetup.com
The theme was: “Friendship”. The word of the day was: “collaborate”.
The winners were:
Best Table Topics = Colette
Spark Plug = Mark
Risk Taker = Mark
Best Evaluator = Roddy
Most Improved Speaker = Tyler
Second Best Speaker = John
Best Speaker = Tyler
Table Topics Master: Lauren
General Evaluator: Carl
Tyler – Number 3 – “Overworking Is Overrating”
Tom – Number 10 – “Adding + Value”
John – Number 10 – “Why Are You Here”
Mark – Advance – Story Telling – Number 2 – “‘A Lesson from My Son”
Evaluators: Sara, Lucy, Cyn, Roddy.
– Please always bring and use your manuals, both Competent Communicator and Competent Leadership.
– It is important to keep our introductions, invocation, toast, educational minute and joke, short.
– Please note that we are not to park in the street because it is reserved for the residents.
– Katharine presented the trophies earned by Roddy at the Area contest for second Best Table Tolis and second International Speaker.
– Christi read the schedule for next week.