The February 13 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 24 members and 7 guests: Breanne (fifth visit), Lucy (third visit), Patti, Mcott, Kevin, Nolan, Patty (all first visit)
Our location is at the East Bluffs Homeowners Community at 2414 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach.
Feel free to visit our club’s website at newportcentertoastmasters.org
Also see https://www.facebook.com/NewportCenterToastmasters and we are on Meetup.com
The theme was: “Valentine’s Day”. The word of the day was: “superfluous”.
The winners were:
Best Table Topics = Alex
Spark Plug = Ron
Risk Taker = Ron
Best Evaluator = Christi
Most Improved Speaker = Ron
Second Best Speaker = Daniel
Best Speaker = Steven
Table Topics Master: Carl
General Evaluator: John
Steven – Number 3 – “Selfish Philanthropy”
Daniel – Number 9 – “Take Sleep Seriously”
Ron – Number 8 – “Stress – Just Relax”
Evaluators: Tracie, Christi, Steve.
– Please always bring and use your manuals, both Competent Communicator and Competent Leadership.
– It is important to keep our introductions, invocation, toast, educational minute and joke, short.
– Please note that we are not to park in the street because it is reserved for the residents.
– Next week, February 20, President’s Day, we will not have a meeting.
– Jessica will move to a new location for her work and the 27th will be her last day with us. Best wishes to Jessica.
– Cyn’s new meetings on Saturdays at 10:30 AM, have been successful. The next one will be March 11.
– Cyn mentioned that the order of the speakers in easy speak can be changed for the meeting to allow newer members to speak before more experienced ones and not challenge them as much.
– Cyn reminded us that overtimed speakers cannot be voted best or second best speakers.