The November 28 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 22 members and four guests: Jerry, Glenn (both 1st visit), Tyler (previous visitor) and Peter (3rd visit).
Our location is at the East Bluffs Homeowners Community at 2414 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach.
The theme was: “Cyber Monday”. The word of the day was: “patronage”.
The winners were:
Best Table Topics = Cynthia
Spark Plug = Steven
Risk Taker = Dinh
Best Evaluator = Chris
Most Improved Speaker = Steven
Second Best Speaker = Katharine
Best Speaker = Steven
Table Topics Master: Carl
General Evaluator: Brendan
Steven – Number 2 – “Three Steps to Political Discourse”
Dinh – Advance – Persuasive – Number 3 – “Servant Leadership”
Katharine – Advance – Technical – Number 2 – “Club Leadership”
Evaluators: Alex, Chris, Dr. Bob.
– Please always bring and use your manuals, both Competent Communicator and Competent Leadership.
– It is important to keep our introductions, invocation, toast, educational minute and joke, short.
– Please note that we are not to park in the street because it is reserved for the residents.
– Dustin asked for volunteers for the officers for January 1 to June 30, 2017. A ballot was distributed but there was one member for each office except for Sergeant-atarms. Since SAA is tedious, Cynthia, Tracie will perform that duty but Daniel will help them at first.
The new officers are:
VP PR: Brendan
VP Membership Roddy
Sergeant-at-Arms: Cynthia, Tracie, Daniel
Parliamentarian: Dr. Bob
– The Installation of officers will be on January 8 at the Yacht club as per Will.
– There will not be meetings on December 26 and January 2.
– Christi read the schedule for next week.