About Toastmasters International
Your success in business is based on how effective you are. Through participation in the Toastmasters Communication and Leadership program, people from all backgrounds learn to effectively speak, conduct a meeting, manage a department or business, lead, delegate, and motivate.
- As your improved communication skills become obvious within the workplace, increased visibility, recognition and promotion will follow.
- Your improved presentation skills will win you the respect and admiration of your colleagues and employees – and make them wonder what you did to change!
- Leadership skills acquired through participation in Toastmasters will increase your management potential.
- As a Toastmaster you will acquire an increased ability to motivate and persuade, making you more effective as a supervisor or manager.
- Members of Toastmaster Clubs have access to a wide range of educational materials, including books, audio and videotapes, and seminar programs available at reduced cost through the Toastmasters International Supply Catalog.
- Established in 1924, Toastmasters International uses time-tested programs that are continually updated to meet participants’ needs.
- Self-paced programs allow you to progress as rapidly or gradually as your needs dictate.
- The hands-on Communication and Leadership program provides the “how-to” and the practical experience so critical to progress.
- Toastmasters Clubs meet at various locations in the morning, at noon and in the evening. You’ll be sure to find a Club that fits your needs.
- The Toastmasters program is cost effective, especially when compared to seminars charging hundreds of dollars per day. There is a $20 new member fee, and $27 TI dues every six month. Club 231F also charges local dues to cover local expenses.
- An atmosphere of professional camaraderie makes your Toastmasters Club a unique learning environment — informal, yet dedicated to learning.
- The Toastmasters program can be tailored to meet your personal objectives. Whether you desire improvement in prepared or impromptu speaking, greater skill in the use of visual aids, experience and knowledge is to be gained in the areas that most interest you.
- The Toastmasters program exposes each participant to a wide range of communication experiences.
- Each new Toastmaster receives a New Member Kit. The kit features a copy of the basic Communication and Leadership manual, general orientation materials and information regarding skill improvement in areas such as speech evaluation and the use of gestures.
- The initial prepared speeches, as outlined in the basic Communication and Leadership program manual, are designed with the new Toastmaster in mind.
- A variety of assigned speeches help the participant develop competency in areas such as organization, voice inflection and persuasiveness.
- During the meeting’s Table Topics session, members learn to think on their feet by delivering short impromptu speeches, lasting one to two minutes.
- After giving a prepared speech, each Toastmaster receives a constructive speech evaluation. This process recognizes speakers for their strengths and provides valuable insight into problem areas.
- Upon completion of the basic Communication and Leadership program, Toastmasters may participate in the Advanced Communication and Leadership program. Participants may choose from specific business oriented topics such as Speeches by Management and Technical Presentations.
- Workshop style Success/Leadership programs are also available, offering opportunities for further skill development in areas such as leadership, public speaking and conducting business meetings. These programs are especially effective as in-house training and can be tailored to meet the needs of your company.
Connect With Us On Social Media